Monday, January 8, 2024

Oldie Moldie Monday and a Challenge

 It is Monday, time to show some love for your old supplies.  I am tryping to work my way through a 6 x 6 inch pad of beautiful paper.  I already had the birthday sentiment stamped so it was an easy card to put together.

The current challenge at The Paper Players is to make a birthday card.  Here was my opportunity to dig into that pad of paper and do some creating.  


Along with using up some of the beautiful patterned paper I have, I also want to use my embossing folders more.  I believe this embossing folder was one of the first ones I purchased.  It is the script folder from Cuddlebug.  It is timeless.

I fussy cut flowers from the patterned paper and used them to create a focal point on the cut out from the paper pad.  I used leftover pieces of gold and pink to complete the design.  I really do like how the card turned out.

Remember to show some love for your old supplies.  They still make beautiful cards.

Thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

A beautiful card! The flowers are gorgeous. I love this layout and the embossed background. Someone will love receiving this card on their birthday for sure! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

LOL, I love your "oldie moldie" theme...I love giving my older stamps some love! AND I want to use embossing folders more this year too! Your floral creation is just so pretty..the colors are perfect for a sweet birthday card! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!