Monday, December 4, 2023

Two Christmas Challenges and Oldie Moldie Monday

 It is Monday, time to show some love for your old supplies.  What better way to use your supplies than to do a couple challenges.  Luckily they both involve a Christmas theme.

The current challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is a sketch.  


The current challenge at The Paper Players is Christmas. 
 

Here is my Christmas card using the sketch from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.

I dug into my Tim Holtz hoard of patterned paper and embellishments.  You can see the basic sketch on the card.  I added the holly as my embellishment.  My junk journal supplies were still out so I added some hand stitching around the edges of the design and then tied a bow in the corner with the waxed thread.  I really like the black/tan plaid as a background.  


Remember to show some love to your old supplies.

Thanks for stopping by.  

6 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

This is a gorgeous card with all its shabby elegance, love how you combined your Tim elements and then stitched around the card. XOX

Jaydee said...

Fabulous card, Barb. I love the vintage colors and the stitching is the perfect way to frame your gorgeous holly. So glad you shared this beauty with us at The Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Suzanne said...

Barb, What a great card. I love all the elements you pulled together. The hand stitching is a great touch. Thanks for taking part in The Paper Players Challenge.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a pretty card! Love the stitched detail around the border of the card. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Fabiola said...

elle est vraiment très jolie Barb, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Valentina B said...

Very holly jolly Christmas card full of festive elements.
Thank you're playing with us at 52CCT, DT Valentina