Saturday, February 2, 2019

Playing With a Sketch

Trying to get some mojo going and create some cards.  My great nice is in her second semester of college so I wanted to send her a card to cheer her along. 

I loved the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I saw those stripes and I immediately thought of washi tape - are you like me - you have a drawer full (small drawer) and you need to use it.


I had a white panel and just dipped it in a very light shade of distress oxide ink to add a little color.  I also did that to the panel on which I stamped the image and sentiments.  After it was dried I added three colors of washi tape.  I used these same colors in the image I colored.  Of course, the bee is yellow and black.  The flower is pink.  Elaina's middle name is Bea so thus that is why there is a bee on this card.  My neighbor gifted me this cute bee set.  I believe it is Close to My Heart and there are several other bee images on it.  I colored the image with zig markers.


Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Amy O said...

This is so sweet and I'm sure it will lift the recipient's day! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!