Monday, February 4, 2019

CAS Watercolor Challenge

Quick - make a card and post it to your blog before you leave on vacation. 

I am playing along with the CAS Watercolor  card challenge where the challenge is to use pink and red, and keep it CAS.



I had a stamp set sitting on my design area and I thought it would work well for this watercolor challenge.  I inked up my stamps with a red distress oxide ink for some flowers and a pink oxide ink for a couple other flowers.  I spritzed the inked stamps with water and got a watercolor look to my flowers.  This stamp did not have an outline stamp so I loosely drew in an outline with a fine tip black marker.  I used a black gel pen to add the dots in the center of the flowers.  If my flower was pink, it has a red center and if the flower was red it had a pink center.  I dropped the watered ink onto the center of each flower.  I had to add some splatters because I ended up with an oops on the card front, but I believe it brings it together.


This was a fun card to make.  I am trying to get more comfortable with adding my own drawing skills (or lack of) to my cards.

Thanks for stopping by. 

5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

What a bright and cheery card Barb and great way to let someone know you are thinking of them! Love the black detail around each flower too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

Loll said...

Beautiful and fun card Barb! Your pink and red flowers are so happy! Great work outlining your flowers ... really adds so much. And the splatters are awesome ... a happy accident! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Bonnie said...

These are such pretty flowers, Barb! The contrasting centers really make them stand out and the splatters are a perfect touch whether they were originally intended or not! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Susan said...

What happy flowers in the great shades of red and pink! Love the way you hand drew the outlines and added the splatters. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

Darnell said...

I think your drawing skills are excellent for outlining, Barb! I thought the black outline was part of the stamp you used, so you go for it in future! I also agree that you had an happy accident with that oops, because the schplatters do bring it all together! Hugs, Darnell CASWC GD