Monday, February 4, 2019

February Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

It is time for another Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  Just think how happy you will be in December when you have all these cards made from challenges. 

The February Christmas Challenge with Anything Goes with the Optional Twist of Stars.


I saw a couple different cards on Pinterest that inspired this card.  The first card was the color combination of a shade of blue and kraft.  (I didn't get quite the blue I wanted but it worked.)  The other inspiration card had the piece of book page on the card front.  As you can see I dug into my mixed media bag of design tricks.  I did lots of distressing to the edges of all the paper with my little Tim Holtz distressing tool.  In grunged up the blue with some brown ink.  I added a piece of dictionary page and then slathered on some white modeling paste.  I took a stencil and added a row of gold glitter embossing paste. 

I used my Silhouette to make some star patterns.  The largest star was cut from cardboard and I tore off the top covering to reveal the currugation underneath.  White embossing paste was slathered on top of it.  I cut a blue star and grunged it up.  I glued the layers of stars together and added them to the card front on top of a next of brown twine.  Small wooden hearts were glued around the front of the card.  I then took gold paint and splattered it over the card front and stars.

The sentiment was stamped on kraft paper and added to the front with foam tape.



Here is a close up of the large star.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our February Christmas challenge

13 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

I love the gorgeous modern arty look on this great card Barb, and I love the colours you used.
Hugs
Carol x

Clipping Path said...

I gotta bookmark this website it seems extremely helpful very useful. Thanks

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! Amazing design! Love so much the big star and the colours!!

laurie said...

This is so awesome! I love all the details and layers!

BożenA said...

A great, so rich card. I love the multimedia character of the card, a great end result.
xx

Bobby said...

I envy anyone who can do mixed media, Barb, and this is so fantastic.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a fun, artsy, folksy non-traditional creation! I love all of the elements you used, the colors, the texture, the text, twine and stars... I love everything about it. Fantastic make.

Sue - said...

I would love to make a card like this, but when I try they usually just look a mess!

David Millar said...


It was an amazing article.Thanks a lot for providing us this useful article with us Ghost Mannequin services
Photo Retouching Services
background removal service

KUPZ said...

We like to honor numerous other world wide web websites around the web, even though they aren't linked to us, by linking to them. Beneath are some web pages really worth checking out.

야동
오피헌터
출장안마
타이마사지

yadongbiz said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. 야한동영상

Click this link
야설

japanyadongcom said...

I like this post, And I figure that they having a great time to peruse this post, they might take a decent site to make an information, thanks for sharing it to 국산야동

Click this link
야설

chinayadongnet said...

Excellent post! We are linking to this particularly great article on our website. Keep up the great writing. 중국야동넷

Click this link
야설