Sunday, January 27, 2019

Happy Birthday Flowers

Recently my friend Annie shared with me a card she had made.  I loved the stamps she had used and the color combo.  She bought the stamps at Tuesday Morning so I had to stop and $50 later I had bought that stamp set along with a few other things.

The sketch challenge at Paper Players this week inspired me to get a birthday card made for my great niece.  I am going to be traveling for about a month so I wanted to have all my birthday cards done for February and March.  This is my last card that I needed to get made. 


The flowers are stamped with Gina K ink and then cut out with the coordinating die.  I also stamped and colored the bee in the set because my great niece's middle name is Bea after my Mom - her great grandma.

The background of the card is embossed with a cover plate.  I got a Gemini Jr. for a late Christmas present so I have been playing with it.  I love how it embossed with your cover plates.

I did offset the sentiment from the sketch.  I wanted the stems of the flowers to show. 

I recently got a 6 x 6 pad from My Favorite Things of just black striped paper - either a straight stripe like I used on this card or a diagonal stripe. 



Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Such a cute, fun card! I love the little flowers, and that wee little black and white strip below your sentiment adds such a fun touch! So happy you shared this with us at the Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

How cute is this! It's such a fun card. That little bee is adorable. I love the quilted background. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!