Saturday, January 19, 2019

Clean and Simple Stamping

I have had the terrible cold that is going around and have been on the couch/bed for almost two weeks.  Every now and then I get up and actually do something.  Yesterday I made a card.  Something bright and cheery because we had a snow storm coming.

The sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch inspired me. 


I cut a strip of clear packaging and inked it with three different colors of distress oxide inks and sprayed some water on it.  I laid this strip down the right side of the card stock and smooshed it to add color to the front.  When I removed the strip of packaging I then laid it on a piece of scrap card stock which I later used to stamp my sentiment on.


I had a new stamp set from Pretty Pink Posh and used it to add the butterflies to the strip of color.  I stamped the sentiment of the leftover colored card stock and added a tiny strip of black and white striped patterned paper on the bottom.  I matted the image on some black card stock.

I am also entering the card in the Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp where the challenge is Clean and Simple. 

The challenge at Addicted to Stamps is also Clean and Simple. 

Thanks for stopping by.  I am so happy I have someone who takes care of my snow for me.  Have a good day. 

2 comments:

Julie B said...

Love your smooshed panel, looks great with the butterflies stamped over it.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

Ina G said...

Beautiful butterfly stamping and such a pretty background. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.