Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Crafty Friends Are The Best Friends

I recently made a stop at the JoAnn Fabrics store in Madison.  It is one of their super stores.  I lucked out and found the new Dyan Reavely stamps and stencils.  Plus they were on sale.  Bogo bonus.

Last week I also found a new challenge site so I made a card using their new sketch for the week. 

The new challenge blog is Sunday Stamps.  Here is the current sketch challenge.


I am also playing along with the watercolor challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  There challenge is a monthly challenge.  My card goes along with the Anything Goes - I did not do the optional twist.



Here is my card.  The background was done with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Ink.  The ink was put on a craft sheet, sprayed with water and then my Bristol Smooth card stock was dipped in the watered down ink.  This is one of my favorite ways to add color to a background.  OK - we can say I am obsessed with my distress oxide inks.

The circles and scalloped border were stamped with black pnyx VersaFine Ink and then clear embossing powder was added and heated.  The elements were water colored with more distress oxide inks.  I also used some small stamps from Stamps by Judith to add more detail to the card.  They were also colored with the same inks.  The sentiment was heat embossed on the bottom of the card front.  I colored a strip of paper to add a little more detail to the border.


The sentiment is from Altenew Stamps.  It is a stamp dedicated to crafting.  I have so many crafty card making friends that this card will come in handy.

Thanks for dropping by. 

5 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun and quirky little collection of elements - love the "sketchy" quality and bright colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Melissa Grant said...

What a fun and whimsical card! Thanks for sharing at SUNDAY STAMPS.

Lisa said...

This is such a fun card, I love it! Great job with the sketch!

I'm so glad you found our challenge blog, thank you for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

Monika Reeck said...

Looks like balloon
love your color combo and so sweet use my sketch this time at Sunday Stamps
Many thanks for playing along with us this time at Sunday Stamps
see you again maybe tomorrow
Hugs
Monika

BożenA said...

Great colors and perfect design. Printed elements are so modern.
Thank you for joining the challenge in HLS Watercolor.
hugs,
BożenA DT HLS