Thursday, March 8, 2018

March Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies Challenge

It is time for a new die challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  This is always a great challenge because it is always "anything goes".


I used all new dies on this card.  The top layer of paper is very old but it was the perfect shade of pink to go with the ombre stripe that is behind the large floral die cut.

I used a metal shim to cut out this die so it would cut all the petals of flowers.  I wonder if I did something wrong because I rolled it back and forth in my machine and now my metal shim is warped.  I hope it still does what it is supposed to.  Have you ever used a metal shim and has this happened to you.

I used dark grey as the accent color for my mat and part of my sentiment.

After the card was assembled, I spritzed it with Dazzling Diamonds Spray from Tattered Angels.  It gives such a subtle sparkly finish to the card front.  I added pink and clear sequins to finish off the card.  I never know when to stop when adding sequins.  In the middle of my sequins I added a clear sparkly stickles.


Here is a close up of the floral die cut.


Here is a close up of the sentiment.  It did not quite fit perfectly across the bottom so I just overlapped the O on top of the f of friend - kinda puts an emphasis on the o in  hello.


Please stop by this month and play along with us with the March Happy Little Stampers March Die Cut Challenge.  

3 comments:

laurie said...

What a pretty card..I LOVE that die...its gorgeous!

Ina G said...

Love that fabulous floral die Barb. Gorgeous choice of colours and bling.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Such a lovely card...Love this die.. Hugs xx Deepti