The background was made with Dina Wakely's acrylics. Love these bright colors. The sentiment and the woman are her stamps also. I did the background on a piece of old book paper that a layer of gesso had been added to it. After I painted the lady's dress aqua I knew I had to add some of this color to the background. I took some of the paint and added water to it. I then splattered it on top. Everything now comes together. The thread was added with gel medium. I cut apart the sentiment and added it with gel medium. I then drew around the outside of my words with a black marker. Of course, I did it very messy like. I should have done a second grouping of lines and then it would have looked artistic.
Here is a picture of the pleated accent. I just tore a couple strips of the paper and hand pleated it. I tore a strip of black fabric and then sewed the pleated strip on top of the card front. Any threads hanging out add an artistic touch. I also used this strip to place my lady so she was grounded and not floating in the air.
Here is a close up of the lady, the thread, and the sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by. I do love to get all painty. I think I am going to try a journal spread. I watched a video this morning and it intrigued me.
Everyone enjoy your Friday and your week end. I am off to have coffee with a good friend who has moved away from the area.