Friday, April 1, 2016

Mixed Media Mojo April Challenge

It is the beginning of the month of April and time for a new challenge on Mixed Media Mojo.  The challenge for the month of April is to use something recycled and the twist is to use some metal on your project.



My project for the month is very simple.  One of my favorite art mediums is recycled book pages.  I have drawn my bird on a book page and also the background base for the card is a book page.


I have been drawing birds so this is one of my little birds I drew.  I really wanted to use the phrase "shake your tail feather" after I got done drawing and coloring the tail.  I did use a sticker from SRM Stickers for the Smile sentiment.  The card was created for an exchange I am in.

The yellow is Dylusions paint.  The teal and coral are ink intense pencils.

Here are some close ups of the bird and also the paper pleated ruffles on the bottom.


The bird is really teal and coral.  Love the lighting sometimes when you take pictures.


The metal on my card is a small washer type object which is around the eye of the bird.  It was adhered with glossy accents.

Please join us at Mixed Media Mojo this month.  Please recycle something and add a little piece of metal to it.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Fabulous recycled book pages Barb, love your sweet bird! Deb xo

Words and Pictures said...

Love those great ruffles - adding great texture and dimension, and the colours are so uplifting (teal and coral version!).
Alison x