Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Happy Birthday

I am making an effort this year to send birthday cards to my family members.  I have not been very good at this in the past.  With retirement, I should have not excuse.  So far, I have only been late on one and I will not beat myself up on why it was late.

This card is for my niece in California.  She will be shocked to get a birthday card from her Auntie.  It is in the envelope all ready to go in the mail next Monday.

I used the sketch from Retro Sketches.


It is a pretty straight forward sketch and I grabbed a 6 x 6 pad and found coordinating paper and a large birthday sentiment to fill the middle band.  I just added a twine bow to finish it off.  The scalloped border was cut with my Silhouette from a pink scrap of paper.


Hopefully Jessica will recover from getting a birthday card from her Auntie.

2 comments:

Ivanka said...

Love the card Barb, and love the idea of sending cards to family. They will love receiving one of your beauties in the mail.

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Beautiful card Barb, your niece is going to love it! Deb xo