Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Happy Birthday

I am making an effort this year to send birthday cards to my family members.  I have not been very good at this in the past.  With retirement, I should have not excuse.  So far, I have only been late on one and I will not beat myself up on why it was late.

This card is for my niece in California.  She will be shocked to get a birthday card from her Auntie.  It is in the envelope all ready to go in the mail next Monday.

I used the sketch from Retro Sketches.


It is a pretty straight forward sketch and I grabbed a 6 x 6 pad and found coordinating paper and a large birthday sentiment to fill the middle band.  I just added a twine bow to finish it off.  The scalloped border was cut with my Silhouette from a pink scrap of paper.


Hopefully Jessica will recover from getting a birthday card from her Auntie.

2 comments:

Ivanka said...

Love the card Barb, and love the idea of sending cards to family. They will love receiving one of your beauties in the mail.

Deb said...

Beautiful card Barb, your niece is going to love it! Deb xo