Monday, February 8, 2016

Oldie Moldie Monday

It is Monday, time to show some love to your old supplies.

I have a wonderful collection of monkey stamps so decided I wanted to make a somewhat non traditional valentine card for a little boy in my home town who is battling cancer.  Every couple months I try to send him a card to maybe bring a smile to his face.

The paper is a 6 x 6 pad from Basic Grey called pb&j.  It is from 2011.

I used my Silhouette to cut the heart and the banner.  I was attempting to do a sketch challenge but it was not working so I went off on my own design tangent with my card.  If you look closely, I did some embossing with clear powder on the heart with a new background stamp I bought from Hero Arts.  The heart was a little blah - but this dresses it up.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.  The monkey is colored with Copics.


Remember to show some love to your old supplies.  They still make wonderful projects.

No comments: