Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Mixed Media Journal Entry - Time

I am trying to journal in 2016 and I have chosen the word EXPLORE as my word for 2016 and have incorporated it into a couple journal entries already this year.  One entry will be shared later in the month but I did want to share the one I worked on in the last couple days.

I am entering the journal page in a couple challenges.

Challenge #1:  Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Time Flies


Challenge #2:  Carolyn Dube's A Colorful Journey


This journal page background started as little circles when I cleaned my foam pads from another project.  You do not want to waste any of that precious paint.  The thing that would have been thrown away is the insides of the letters from the sticker pages.  The white with the black line around it pops on the color and adds some different dimension and shapes to the page.  Here is my page and a few closeups of parts of the page.


Here you can see the sticker letters and I added the white dots to the black.  It is also a close up of the sticker remains from the letters.


Part of a clock - the entire clock took up too much of the page as an entire element but by cutting it in half, I added it to the top and bottom of the page and then had room for the title (I guess I did not do any real journaling on the page.)  More white dots were added around the black frame of the clock.


Just another picture showing the different circles.  Those teal circles started out being stamped with leftover black paint on the end of a toilet paper tube.  You can see the bright pink "clean off" spots in the background.


This page uses some of my favorite colors.  I love bright color and I have many of these colors in my wardrobe.

Thanks for stopping by.  Be creative - explore new things.  Art, travel, friendships - just have fun.  Retirement is affording me the time to do these things.

6 comments:

Toni said...

I like this so much! Very colorful and fun AND you used up bits. Love!

Toni

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Love the circles and your lettering!

Anonymous said...

I like your idea of time, how happy is this! xox

buterfliecrafter said...

not only did you use the sticker outlines that normally would have thrown away, but also that scarp piece of paper which have the circles dapped on from a previous project, great recycling and indeed never let anything go to waste.

Carolyn Dube said...

Those stickers on there- would not have known they were the insides of letters- brilliant way to use them! Thanks for sharing your wonderful page with Let's Play!

Rachel said...

this is such a fabulous page! LOVE the bright fun colors and all the different patterns. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com