Sunday, January 10, 2016

Brrr It is Cold

A friend posted a challenge on Facebook to make a bright colored springy card.  I chose  to use my Dylusions Paints.  I wanted to try something new.  I decided I wanted to use the smooshing technique (putting your paint or ink on acetate, wetting it with something and then smooshing it onto your paper).  How lucky I am that this is also the challenge on Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge.


Instead of water, I used a glimmer mist from Tattered Angels.  I wanted the paint to have a little sparkle in it.  The stamp is from Stampers Anonymous and the sentiment is from Simon Says.  I added the black enamel dots because I thought I needed some balance on the left side of the card.  I always struggle with that.  The flower was stamped with black ink and then clear embossed.  This seems to be my favorite way of stamping in the last few months.


Gee I have a birthday card done for February.  I don't believe it - of course - the secret will be to not lose it.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Toni said...

So bright and happy--love it! Thanks for joining in at HLS!

Toni

Linda said...

Gorgeous card ... I love the bold colours! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers ..... xx