Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Merry Christmas Holly

I am trying to get some Christmas cards made for the upcoming season.  I have been looking for Christmas Challenge blogs to inspire me.

I found two that worked together to bring this card together.  The first challenge is from Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.  Their challenge is Holly.  I happened to find this Holly stamp in my supplies one day while I was searching for something.


The other challenge is from the Monday Simon Says Stamp challenge blog.  Their challenge is "love this technique."  The technique I used is smooshing your color onto your card stock.  You put some ink on a piece of acetate, spray it with water and smoosh the color onto your card stock until you get the color smoosh you want.  Every time you do it it turns out different.  I used Salty Ocean Distress Ink for the color.  If you go through my blog you will find many cards recently using this very difficult (yeah right) technique.  



The berries were a much brighter red (I thought).  I have glossy accents on top of it now so I don't think I can make them any darker.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.  In my world, grey or gray is the new black for matting.  I need to buy more grey or gray card stock for matting.  

One more Christmas card made.  Thanks for stopping by.  

4 comments:

Linda said...

I should try that technique sometime! Nice card, I love the gray matting.

BożenA said...

Beautiful background! I also love this technique. Great that you put Holly in a circle in the center. Beautiful card and thank you for sharing it with Happy Little Stampers.
BozenA DT HLSCC

Sandra said...

Fabulous card, the holly is perfect. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Carol said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining our holly challenge at HLS this month. Carol DT x