Thursday, September 17, 2015

Hi - Merry Christmas

I am joining the challenge on Merry Monday  -  a weekly Christmas card challenge - I am joining a little late into the year but hopefully will have a few more made when it comes to mail my holiday cards.

Their challenge is to focus on the sentiment.


I used three different sentiments on my card front.  The top one is a $1 stamp from somewhere.  The Merry Christmas is from Paper Smooches and the bottom sentiment is from a very old Hero Arts set.  They were embossed with white embossing powder.  The top sentiment is matted in red and pop dotted.  The snowflakes are from an old Quickutz die.  They worked perfectly for this card.  I splattered some white paint on the card front, tied a red twine bow and added some red enamel dots.  I really like how the white pops on this wood look paper.


Thanks for the challenge.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Great card. Like the white on the wood grain background. Thanks for joining Merry Monday this week.

Karren said...

What a fun card! Love all the white and the sentiments are wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Bonnie said...

I love the rustic look of this card Barb! What fun to "build" the sentiment on the wood grain! Love the splatters and twine too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

conil said...

This is so terrific. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that background paper and the amazing sentiment.