Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Anything Goes Paper Smooches


Today I am playing along with the Paper Smooches Spark Challenge.  This week it is Anything Goes.


This was also supposed to be for another challenge - a new Tag challenge - but when I read the rules again it said it had to be CAS.  My tags aren't CAS so I am not entering them in that challenge but the color inspiration and black accents come from that challenge.  I love the brightness of the tags.

The tags were cut out of watercolor paper with a Paper Smooches tag die.  I then colored the tags with distress paints and also some gelatos to intensify some of the colors.  I used the dies from Denim and Daisies to cut out some flowers from watercolor paper.  I also used the center of one of the flowers to stencil the white dots on my tag with gesso.  I used the negatives of some of the flowers and used them with embossing paste which I colored with the distress paints.  I love to do mixed media.  I used sentiments from three different sets for my cards.  Obviously, you can see, I made cards out of my tags.

I had my 45th class reunion this last week end.  I found out one classmate is battling cancer.  The "thinking of you card" is for her.  I think these bright colors will cheer her.  The other card is for the classmate that has been involved in the planning of every reunion our class has had.  It is a mini card.



I am also going to enter the card in the Mixed Media Card Challenge - a new challenge blog - this is my second entry.  The first theme is Nature.



Everyone have a great hump day.  Getting ready to go on vacation so need to stop making cards and pack my suitcase.  Trying to get some things together - I am visiting a card making friend so we need to have something to do.

3 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Barb. LOVE these two cards ... so fun, bright and full of fabulousness! :) Thanks for playing along with us again at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

maria f. said...

I think your awesome card is awesome. Love that bright, inked tag. Thanks for joining our first MMCC.

sannalippert said...

love your color combo!!! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC with this bright and happy card!