Saturday, February 1, 2014

Paper Smooches Spark Challenge - Draft Design

Once again - Barb is sliding into the Paper Smooches Spark challenge on the last day.  Some weeks - work just takes all the creativity out of your soul.  It was a productive week at work but not so much on the design table.  I am happy with how my card finally evolved.

This weeks challenge on the Paper Smooches Spark challenge blog - is the January Designer Drafts challenge.  Here is the sketch.


Once again I am working with my new stamp set (which is one of their old sets) but it is new to me.  I think I will send this card to my Mom.  I used some Basic Grey paper and did lots of fussy cutting.


I love the colors in this paper grouping.  Did you know I am a 6 x 6 paper pad junkie?  The only thing I would have done different is put my sentiment higher but heck I was happy it stamped so nicely.  Usually when I go to stamp on a card that is partially finished - and stamp directly on the card - I goof it up but it stamped beautifully - but like I said I wish it was just a little higher.  I think it would add a little more balance to the card.  The little dots in the corner are punched paper that I glued onto each corner.  I wanted to bring in a little more of the brown color to the card front.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my take on the designer draft challenge.  I have been drooling over the new releases and really just need to bite the bullet and order today.


I am also going to enter this card in the Simon Says Monday Challenge blog where the challenge is cowboy rides aaway.  Well mine may be more of a cowgirl but still has boots and hat so I think it qualifies.

3 comments:

Elle L. said...

I saw your card on the SPARKS challenge blog and it really caught my eye.

One of the things I really love is your choice of patterned paper. Seeing it together with the cowboy (or cowgirl, in this case) image just brought the whole piece together. I can just image seeing those cute boots and hat in a country kitchen that has the blue flowered wallpaper.

This is such a fun card. :)

Katie Gehring said...

Beautiful work, Barb! You have some mad fussy cutting skillz and I love the pretty patterned papers you used. Thanks for sharing your talent with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge this week!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card! Love the pair of cowboy boots and hat! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!