Saturday, February 15, 2014

Cards for two Little Boys

Recently on Facebook they were sharing a post about a little boy in Michigan who said he had no friends.  He fights Asperger's Syndrome.  He did not want a birthday party because no one would come.  The world has come together to show Colin, he does indeed have many people who care about him.  This is my birthday card for him.  


I am entering this in the weekly challenge at Just Add Ink.  Their challenge this week is to "Just Add Stripes." I loved the colors in this paper from Authentique.  The monkey stamp is from Stampendous.  I hope it makes Colin smile.  If you wish to send him a card his address is Colin, PO Box 756, Richland, MI  49083

My second card using the same image is for a little boy in my home town who is battling cancer.  I am going to try and send him a card each month.  I just used a general Hello sentiment for his card.  I did not realize that both their names were Colin.  This card is for Colin Cahill, 819 Chapman St, Milton, WI  53563


I think it is important to give back to our communities, to people who are battling diseases and to show people we care.  I am so glad I have my card making talents so I can make people smile.  

Thanks for stopping by.  

5 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Such delightful cards for two special boys; they will love the fun images and the bold, stripey, paper I'm sure. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

You've got a big heart! Such a lovely thing to do for two little boys.
Both your cards have incorporated stripes beautifully but I do especially like the bold stripes in the first one.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Nikki Spencer said...

What a lovely thing to do, you are a very special soul! Great cards and l'm sure they will love them. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

These are both great cards - and such a lovely reason to make them. We all need to know we have friends and people that care for us. Chantell JAI

Tina said...

You have such a beautiful heart. I have an aspie son and it's heartbreaking when he struggles with making and keeping friends. Thank you for sharing your cards and for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.