Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hello, Howdy, Aloha, Ciao, Hey, Hola, Buenos Dias


I bought a new stamp - so I had to try it out - the stamp is by Stampabilities - a good  stamp for Operation Write Home cards.

This card is based on the weekly sketch from Operation Write Home's blog Stars and Stamps.

I bought some new paper yesterday (Happy Mother's Day Barb) and wanted to use some of it.  The plaid and the check that I stamped the sentiment are from My Mind's Eye - Kate and Co - Oxford Lane.  I liked the colors - a little different than what I usually buy - I also though you could make some masculine cards from the paper.  The brad is from them also.  The dark blue that I matted with are from my table and the yellow is also some my scraps.  I have lots of this yellow in my stash - I must have done a special project with it or was going to do a special project with it.

My take on the sketch is similar but not the same - my sentiment did not fit the dimension so everything else was adapted from there.  I also felt everything needed to be grounded so matted the sentiment and the yellow embossed background.

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

10 comments:

Cheryl Claycomb Anderegg said...

Great card! I love that you stamped the sentiment on print dp, breaks up the large space without being too busy. Happy Mother's Day, enjoy!

Angela Boutiller said...

I think your card is lovely! I like the new stamp!

Donna Hanley said...

Oh I like this stamp and you really jazzed it up with your beautiful papers and embellishments. Nice job, Barb.

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Simply fanastic Barb! I love that stamp and that you stamped it on light color DSP. It adds a hint of color while letting the sentiment be the star. Gorgeous blue plaid accents and embossed yellow background. Thanks for playing!

Robin said...

that is a great stamp!
love your take on the sketch

Kristie said...

Wonderful card! I just love that new stamp of yours, definitely perfect for OWH cards. The embossed background really adds nice texture to your card.

Christy - www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Very cute and nice interpretation of the sketch.

Diane said...

The stamp is great- you showcased it perfectly! I love the embossed yellow- and your flower is wonderful too!

Linda said...

Super fun card...it is a perfect sentiment...WTG Barb!

Linda said...

Super fun card...it is a perfect sentiment...WTG Barb!