Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cosmo Cricket and Cardabilities Unite



Second post of the day - you can see I am working on my holiday cards and I also wanted to do the sketch at Cardabilities.  I do believe the deadline is today or tomorrow so once again I am just getting my card submitted.

This is an older collection from Cosmo Cricket - 2008 actually - I love the vintage feel of the paper.  The stamp is new - I bought it the day before Thanksgiving.  It is by TPC studio.  One color stamping - my idea of fast and fun cards. 

The sketch from Cardabilities is a very simple sketch that you could do lots with.  I kept mine very simple.  Showing off the vintage snowflakes on the patterned paper.  I did two versions of hte card.  One I centered the sentiment and just added pearls in the corner.  On the other card I decided I wanted to add a bow of some sort.  You would have thought with the millions of yards of ribbon I own I would have had the perfect brown ribbon - but now - so back to my trusty brown twine from May Arts - I think I just bought an additional 40 yards of it.  The edges of the paper were all inked to add some depth to the paper and make it look "more vintage".

Well back to creating - two more cards done - I need to go finish the inside of thse cards - I hve a sentiment that has joy in it so I will use that on the inside ofthe card.

Happy creating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just added this feed to my bookmarks. I have to say, I very much enjoy reading your blogs. Thanks!