Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wednesday, November 24, 2010



Good morning - winter is coming - rain and sleet and ice - that is worse than snow. I do not like to ice skate in my car. Unfortunately you will now hear me complain about the weather until spring comes - and spring can't come soon enough.
I have a quick post today - trying to get some things done around the house - never seems to be enough time to get things done.
I made this card for my office to send to a gentleman who is battling cancer - I work with his wife during my very busy times of the year and so appreciate all her help. This card is to cheer them and let them know they are in our thoughts.
The card is based on the sketch from The Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge - of course - I took a little license with the sketch - I had to made the strip longer to accommondate my sentiment. I had just gotten that paper in a 6 x 6 pad - if you haven't heard - I have a soft spot for 6 x 6 pads - or maybe you could say obsession.
Well I must go - I am doing dishes and I have an appointment to have something done on my car also. I imagine they would like me to come in something other than my PJ's.
Have a very happy Thanksgiving.
Card Details:
Size: 4.5 x 6
Patterned paper: Basic Grey
Stamp: Penny Black
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink
Buttons: American Crafts
Sentiment: SRM Stickers
Pop Dots

2 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Stunning! I'm sorry you're having cold weather there, you can come visit me in Arizona... be sure to bring your 6x6 paper pads, I love them too! ;)

Ivanka said...

Very, very lovely card Barb. I love that BG paper. Love the sentiment inside too.
Happy Thanksgiving!