Sunday, June 21, 2009

Why are Week End only 2 days long??


Maybe a 3 day week end would be long enough - but I bet pretty soon we would all complain that it was too short. Usually in the month of July I try to do 3 day week ends - my reward for surviving June. Got lots accomplished - the lawn is mowed - YEAH!!! Got some of the house cleaned - and I got 3 cards made this week end - well the last one is still being finished.
The card tonight satisfies two challenges - it is a get well card for my brother - I heard on Monday night late he had triple by pass surgery - a little bit of a shock - but he is home and probably driving Ellie crazy - I thought I would send him a card - he likes to hunt so I know he will enjoy the subject matter. The card is based on the sketch at Taylored Expressions - I took a little liberty and moved the square to the other side and rotated the design. The second part of the the challenges was the challenge on Cuddlebug to make a masculine card.
Stamp - Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper - Junkitz
Cuddlebug Argyle embossing folder
ColorBox Chalk Ink

3 comments:

Deb said...

Great card, is so serene and beautiful. Perfect masculine card!! Glad your brother is on the mend, I can imagine that will require a bit of recovery time, I'm sure he'll appreciate the card. :-)

Maggie Lamarre said...

Thank you,
Maggie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

June Houck said...

Wonderful choice of papers, image, and CB embossing folders! Good luck with the challenge :)