Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Sunday

Today is my day to stay home and not go anywhere and spend some time doing the house crap and hopefully play with some paper. Yesterday I did get a chance to create a card after running my errands, getting some groceries, made a pan of brownies to share with my neighbors, and then had dinner with one set of enighbors - got me out of the house with friendly people. I took my treasure box (this is a little box I keep on my table in which I throw all my not stamped right, little embellishments, etc) to Kristin - she is a first grader and loves to make cards - this box full of goodies made her so happy. My little leftovers brings smiles and lots of creativity to many children.

My favorite brownie to make is the Betty Crocker frosted brownie mix. I love to dress it up - by that I mean - add extras to the mix. Instead of water - I will add coffee. Throw in some capfuls of vanilla syrup. For add ins - I just look in the cupboard to see what is left - whatever chocolate chip may be there - last Monday it was white chocolate chips. Yesterday - I had mint M&M's leftover from Christmas - threw them in a plastic bag, got out some frustration with my rolling pin and added that to the mix. The brownies tasted so nice and minty with little flecks of color.
What is your favorite brownie recipe?

My card today is based on two challenges. I hang out on a wonderful little forum called Cuppas and Cards. It is a small group - we have been together for about 5 years on a couple different boards and like to stay together - we have all made some wonderful cyber friends who encourage and support each other in our creativity and lives. Come join us if you want a warm community to support you in your creativity. The week end challenge was to make a tall card.

The other challenge is from the Cuddlebug Challenge site. The challenge is based on a sketch from Becky Fleck and also to use your Cuddlebug.

Stamp - Stampabilities (Hobby Lobby had a half price sale)
Colored with Copics and clear Stickles added to bee image
Paper and sticker - Bo Bunny
Cuddlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder and heart die cut
Bling - RAK
My Valentine Stamp - Studio G

13 comments:

Annie said...

And you will be whipping up those brownies and sending me some when?

He he he

Annie

Annie said...

Love your take on the sketch.
Thank you for joining the Cuttlebug challenge this week.

Ann xxx

Allison said...

really great take on the sketch
Thanks for joining us this week
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

Amber said...

What an adorable card! And I love the little bee's. Glad you joined us this week at Cuttlebug Challenges.
Amber

Mrs J said...

Awwww, this is so sweet - I love it! The bees are so cute and I love the colours and hearts you've used. Thanks for taking part this week at Cuttlebug Challenges and I hope we see you back there soon!
Mrs Jx
P.S. Those brownies sound delish, especially the ones with the mint M&M's - my mouth's watering now!!!

Ali Watson said...

Super card pretty colours you have used. Thanks for joining in the fun with Cuttlebug challenges.

Lea L. said...

This is adorable...I love those cute little bees! Great job with the cuttlebug challenge!

~Lea

Christy said...

Okay...this one might well be my favorite...at the very least, the rest of these blogs after you are going to have some stiff competetion. LOL. You hit a homerun with this one! It's adorable!!!!!!!!!!

Cassie said...

so cute! it's such a happy card with the colors you used and those bees!!
and now i want brownies!!! i usually just make a regular mix though.
thanks for joining us this week on the cuttlebug challenge!

Maggie Lamarre said...

adorable!
Maggie
Http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Mmmmm, I love that pink & blue!!!

BettyBee said...

Of course this was one of my favorites of the week!!! Gotta love the bees :0) Super job on the sketch, too....thanks for coming to the Cuttlebug Challenge, and I hope you will be participating the Luv Bug Weekend! It is loaded with sweet treats, too!

Becky G said...

Super cute! I love the colors. Thanks for playing along with us.

Hugs to you,
Becky

http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com