Friday, February 4, 2022

Happy Little Stamper's February Christmas Challenge

 It is time for a new Christmas challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  I think it is a challenge you will enjoy.  As always the challenge is "Anything Goes" but there is an optional choice for you to play with.  

The optional twist this month is Snowflakes - and I imagine just about everyone has a snowflake or two in their creative library of tools.  I have many stamps and dies.  I live in the cold states so snowflakes are a given part of our life in the winter months.


I fell in love with this stamp from Colorado Craft Company when I was visiting a friend.  I have admired it since they released it a year or two ago but when I met it personally I knew I had to have it in my toolbox.  

I first did some ink smooshing on my background to give it a little color.  I used a light pink, lavender and blue oxide ink.  After this was dried, I stamped the snowflake image in brighter oxide inks and then I sprayed the stamping with water to make the colors flow.  I do this so that the colors are somewhat in the shape of the stamp and provide a perfect backdrop for a white sparkly heat embossed sentiment.  I had some embossing powder with glitter in it and decided to use it so I would have some sparkle in my snowflake.  The sentiment was stamped in the blue oxide ink color and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  

I matted the panel with navy blue cardstock and added to a card base.  I added some clear gems I had in my stash to add bling to the card.  You need to use some of the supplies we have in our stash.  


The stamp comes with a coordinating die so I did basically the same process as in the first card to create the snowflake but I then die cut it.  I die cut the snowflake two more times and adhered the layers to the stamped image to give it some depth.  I added it to the card front.  The sentiment was done in the same way as the first card.  On this card I added some splatter in the blue.  I once again matted the image in navy blue card stock.


I even did coordinating envelopes for my cards.  I just inked the stamp up with the different colors of oxide ink, sprayed with water and stamped.  The envelopes turned out beautiful and the recipient of the card will be excited by the envelope and maybe it will add a smile to the face of any postal worker who comes in contact with it along its journey.


Please join us at Happy Little Stamper's for our February Christmas Challenge.  You will be happy when December comes that you have some cards already mailed.


3 comments:

laurie said...

Beautiful background for your pretty snowflake!

Yvonne said...

This is so pretty. I love the "flow" of the ink. Thanks for your explanation of your steps!

JulieP said...

A two-fer and an envie!!! Very, very pretty!