Sunday, February 6, 2022

Happy Little Stamper's February Stencil Challenge

 It is time for a new stencil challenge at Happy Little Stamper's.  As always the challenge is Anythig Goes so dig out those stencils and let's make some cards.

Stencils are an inexpensive tool to have in our creative toolbox.  I have many.


I decided I needed to make some Valentine cards since Valentine's Day is fast approaching.  

I first cut a heart opening with one of my heart dies.  I used this as the base for the heart and added some soft blending to get the heart shape defined.  I then laid a new stencil I have over the top and added more blending to get the heart design on the basic shape.  I had first done some ink smooshing to my background paper.

I have a friend having hip replacement surgery, so I wanted to make her a special card.  She loves gnome's so I had this new set from My Favorite Things.  I stamped and watercolored him with the same inks used in the heart.  The sentiment was from the same stamp set.  I added the background to a grey card base.  I get tired of using white card bases all the time.


As long as I had everything out I decided to make some more simple cards - they can be used for many things besides Valentine's Day.  I dug out a very old pad of patterned paper and used the simple cream colored backgrounds as the base for the heart to be stenciled on.    I added a dashed line around the outside edge of the heart to define it.  Sentiment was stamped on the same patterned paper as the paper used for the background.  I matted the image with some more paper from the paper pad.  Of course, I had to add splatters.  I made seven of this design.  


So I had done extra hearts and ran out of the blue paper I had matted the above cards with but I did have leftover strips of paper and yellow paper from the paper pad.  Thus I made four more cards.  On these cards I fussy cut the hearts out and added some layers of plain paper behind the heart to add dimension.  I actually think these are my favorite.  I still have some strips of paper left from the pad but it is pretty much used up.  Yay.

No comments: