Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Christmas Color Challenge

 I have a hard time doing color challenges.  I usually avoid them but I decided to try and make myself do more of them this year.  This is my first one and I do like how it turned out but the colors were easy to work with.

I am doing the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Colour Challenge.



I first took a piece of white card stock and did some ink smooshing on the panel to add some color to the background.  It gives more depth to the design.  I then stamped the trees (a Gina K Design) with Pine Needle oxide ink and heat embossed with the same color glaze.  The image has a nice texture and shine to it.  I matted the image with gold and added to a white card base.  Joy was cut from several layers of card stock and the same gold as the mat.  Gold and white splatters completed the card.  I even made a coordinating envelope for the card.


Thanks for stopping by - I have one more Christmas card made.  Yay.  

2 comments:

Valérie said...

I love how you used our colours, the tree stamp is fabulous and the ink splatters are the perfect touch. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at 5CCT! Good luck and keep crafting!

Lucinda said...

I love the interest and detail you've built up in an essentially simple image. Lovely card, and wonderful use of our colours. Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT this week.