Thursday, February 17, 2022

Happy Birthday Butterfly

This birthday card is for a very special young lady who turned 40.  I was unable to make the birthday party but I do want to send her a card.

I started by using a stencil and ink blending two different shades of blue oxide ink.  I stamped the butterflies and sentiment in black ink.  The sentiment was cut out with a circle die and several layers of card stock were glued under it so it pops out from the remainder of the card.  Black splatters were added.  I tried something different today and added my panel to a grey card base.

I am adding my card into two different challenges.

The first challenge is Seize the Birthday where the challenge is dichromatic.  Dichromatic means using two colors with the option of adding black, white and common neutral colors.   


The second challenge is at Mod Squad where the challenge is Birthday Butterflies.  

Here is my card.


Thanks for stopping by.  

1 comment:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty inked squares. A beautifully made card :) - Thanks for joining in at STB