Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Twofer Challenge

I always enjoy when it is time for a new Twofer challenge each month.  It makes you stretch your creativity to use your stamp, die or stencil in two different ways in two different types of cards.

This month the challenge is butterflies.  


Here are my two cards.  One is a birthday card and the other card is a encouragement type card.


The butterfly stamp and the sentiment on this card are from Rubbernecker Stamps.  On this card I was first playing with my embossing folders.  I first embossed the background and then I sprayed it with a Dina Wakely spray paint.  I took another piece of white card stock and laid it on the spray painted embossed background and gently rubbed it.  I got a very nice soft design for my background for my sentiment and butterfly.  I also just sprayed some pieces of white card stock so I could stamp on them.  The butterfly and sentiment were stamped with black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.


I stamped and heat embossed the butterflies.  I then colored them with watercolors.  I made my background by painting the yellow and then adding the pink (yes it was pink) but combining with yellow you get orange.  If I had been patient and let it dry between layers, I might have gotten my pink.


And since I was having so much fun, since I had colored a couple of the yellow/green butterflies, I made a thank you card.  I thought I should share it also.


Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Your "threefers" are BEAUTIFUL Barb!! I'm loving the textured background with the spray you did for your 1st card...such a pretty color and perfect landing spot for your lovely butterfly!! And your water colored cards are absolutely lovely! Those butterflies were made for the water color look and are SO pretty, and love how you added the water colored backgrounds too...very artsy AND beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing all these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge!! :0)

Darnell said...

I'm so glad you like TCC, Barb! Your cards are all so colorful and well done! I was really intrigued by how you made that first design with all the layers of texture and interest! And I love your second and third cards with the beautiful w/c background in oranges and then in greens and yellows! Love the composition of these!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #29! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful textures on your encouragement card along with that lovely soothing aqua monochromatic color palette. Your second card is bright and eye catching. The backdrop water wash is perfect for the butterflies flitting about. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card CHallnge #29.