Thursday, July 9, 2020

Happy Graduation

It is graduation time for many students.  Normally it would be a time for parties and celebrations but times have changed.

I do hope to see this young lady and give her her graduation party.  No hugs but lots of good wishes for her. 

I am entering my card in several challenges.  The first challenge is Tuesday Throwdown - where the challenge is polka dots.  I used a big polka dot embossing folder to add texture to my background.  I inked over the polka dots with a distress oxide ink.

The current challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters is to ink it up.  I inked the background and the speech bubbles were smooshed into watered down ink.

I recently found a new challenge Watercooler Wednesday.  Their current challenge is All About Occasions. 

I was recently gifted many slimline envelopes (hundreds with a silver insert) so I decided to make a slimline graduation card.  I smooshed some Bristol smooth card stock into watered down distress oxide ink.  The bubbles and sentiment were stamped in black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  This stamp set is from My Favorite Things.  I then (after my first background failed) decided to dry emboss my background.  It was an interesting experience because embossing folders are not long enough to do a slimline front.  After I dry embossed the background, I did some light ink blending in the same color that I used on the bubbles.  I matted it with a navy blue paper from my supplies.  I made a small graduation hat to sit on top of the Congrats bubble.



I have one more graduation card to make.  I wonder if I will use the same design.  Stay tuned.

Thanks for stopping by. 

4 comments:

Diane said...

Fabulous inky background!! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

This is awesome! Love your inky backgrounds and design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Helen said...

What a fun Graduation card, Barb! I love the way you've created the background for those fun speech bubbles! Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

Michelle W said...

Love your slimline card! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.