Saturday, July 25, 2020

Masculine Birthday Card

I am currently working on birthday cards for a friend who collects them for nursing homes.  I decided to make a couple masculine cards.  It seems it is always easier to make a feminine card rather than a masculine card.

I have been doing some inked backgrounds using some new stencils from My Favorite Things which has the shape (rectangle) cut out of it.  I used three different oxide inks for the background. 

The current challenge at Seize The Birthday is to use a non neutral card base.  I used a dark blue (not navy) card base.


The silhouette stamp is from Gina K Designs.  The sentiment is also from Gina K Designs.  The sentiment is embossed in black on the blue strip.  It is very difficult to see.  I probably should have done white on the dark blue. 


Since I had the stamps out and the panels inked, I decided to make anniversary cards for my daughters who both have fall anniversaries.  The stamps are from Gina K also.


Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love both of these so much! Your backgrounds are incredible! What a kind heart you have too! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Colleen said...

Your background blending is terrific, and these do make wonderful masculine cards, which is what I struggle with, so using blues and then those silhouettes is a fabulous idea! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!