Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Going In Circles or Going in Flowers

Many of my posts on my blog are inspired by Challenge Blogs.  Challenge Blogs kick start your creativity - sometimes they make you think outside your comfort zone.  Sometimes we need to be pushed outside our comfort zone to try new things or use new products..  I also enjoy being a design team member because for me it helps me bring my best creativity to the challenge.  I never wanted to let down my fellow team members.  The two challenge blogs I was on currently took a break for six months so I am missing that kick start to my creativity.

This time I am inspired by the sketch challenge at Sunday Stamps.


This is a fun sketch because you can do so many things with the circles in the sketch.

I decided I wanted to use a new stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.  I love the word Hugs from the stamp set and all the different elements included in the stamp set.  I stamped out several sets of the elements for the card and used my Scan n Cut to cut them out.  I do love that machine.  It is so much easier than having to die cut so many elements.  I stamped with black VersaFine ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I colored all the elements with my Zig watercolor markers.  I have been playing with the markers the last couple weeks.

The background was made by scribbling the blue watercolor maker on a piece of acetate, spritzing it with water and then smooshing it onto the background.

I cut a piece of black patterned paper to mat my background. The blue flowers were glued directly to the background and the hugs and pink flower were added with dimensional foam.  Black enamel dots were added to the centers of the flowers.  It still looked a little naked so I added black splatters.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Today I need to make a graduation card for a special young lady.  We are suppose to have a heat index of 100 today (which is hot for Wisconsin) so I am definatly staying inside.  Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Sweet card! Fun sentiment and colors. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Heather said...

Beautiful, Barb! Such a bright and cheery card - super fun font and coloring! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Melissa Grant said...

So sweet! Great images you chose for the sketch challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at SUNDAY STAMPS!