Friday, July 17, 2020

Ink It Up

The current challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters is Ink It Up.  

I love making backgrounds with my inks.  Recently I bought stencils from My Favorite Things that have a basic shape opening in them.  For this card I used the rectangle stencil.  I made six backgrounds with the same colors.  


After I had inked them up, I cut out each rectangle.  I then stamped the silhouette on it.  The foliage and sentiment stamps are from Gina K.  I fussy cut the sentiment out.  I matted the background with black and adhered it to a white card base.

This card I sent to my aunt and I used another panel and made a sympathy card for a friend who's mother passed away.

I am getting out my blue oxide inks next so I can make some masculine themed cards.  Stay tuned.

Thanks for stopping by.  

2 comments:

Darlene said...

SO beautiful! What a great idea to make multiple backgrounds while you have everything in front of you! Looking forward to seeing your blue background cards! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

aussie aNNie said...

Super gorgeous design, love your INKING technique. Many thanks for joining us in our current challenge of INK IT UP at The Sisterhood Of Crafters Challenge..good luck with your lovely entry.[aNNie design team member for The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenges