Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Playing With Paper Players Weekly Challenge

I have a young friend who is battling cancer and next week she starts many weeks of radiation after many weeks of chemo.  During her radiation treatments she has to be away from home for treatment and only return on the week end.  I want to have a card waiting for her each week end.

I am playing along with challenges to get my cards made ahead of time.  This week I am playing along with the sketch at Paper Players


I lightly colored the background of the card with a distress oxide ink.  I stamped the stripes with distress oxide ink.  The floral image was stamped in VersaFine Black Onyx Ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  The sentiment was stamped the same way. 


I cut a mat of purple paper and then sliced my image in thirds and adhered to the purple base.  It was all mounted to a white card base.

All the stamps are Gina K Designs.

Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Annie S. said...

This is so pretty and very creative! Love the purple accents! I'm sure your friend will love it and appreciate your kindness. Thanks for playing along over at The Paper Players this week!