Thursday, August 16, 2018

CAS Christmas Card

Playing along with a new Christmas challenge (new challenge to me).  The challenge has to be CAS.  I so struggle with CAS so I try to step outside my comfort zone and work on cards with this theme.  It is also time to ramp up your Christmas card creating.  I have so many to do.

The new challenge blog (to me) is CAS Christmas.  The challenge this month is trees.


I was going through my die cuts looking for something and found this die.  I had to have it and I had never used it.  I cut the trees out twice and then cut them in a circle design.  I layered two layers together to give it a little dimension.  The background is colored with distress oxide inks.

The sentiment is stamped in a dark blue ink and the entire front was matted with a dark blue card stock.  I believe I need to add some sequins to it.

Next time I make this card, I am going to make the circle area a more consistent blue to make the die cut pop more.


I am also going to enter this card in the monthly challenge at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge.  The challenge is die cuts.



One more Christmas done - yay.  It was easy I should do more.  

7 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Your trio of Christmas trees are so pretty with your gorgeous background, and I think this is a great design to duplicate your Christmas card stash!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Welcome to CAS Christmas Card Challenge, Barb! I'm so glad you played along with us.
Your Distress Oxide background is so beautiful! Love that you layered the circle tree die-cuts to add dimension. I think it gave definition too. The dark blue matte and the sentiment contribute to the cohesive design too. Thanks for sharing with us and I hope to see you again in the gallery! Hideko xx

Jane said...

Now that’s one beautiful die cut, love it! Super soft and subtle background colours really allow that trio of trees to shine. Thanks for playing at the HLS CAS Challenge.

Bonnie said...

What a pretty die cut, Barb, and so pretty stacked up like that! I love your DOX background too! A reminder that I need to play with mine again! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

Welcome to CAS Christmas, we love to see new crafters :).
Love your CAS die cut with that wonderful DOX background. Look forward to seeing you again at CAS Christmas.

Trina P. said...

Your debut card to our challenge is gorgeous, Barb! The background is soft and subtle, adding to the serene winter scene. Love the trees framed in the circle. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas Tree challenge. x

Loll said...

Beautiful Christmas tree card Barb. Love your pretty DOX ink card front with the white circle and trees. This die is on my wishlist ... it's fantastic! Love the addition of the dark blue for the sentiment and small framing. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!