Saturday, August 25, 2018

Case This Sketch

I am trying to build up my supply of cards and so I try to do sketch challenges.  I am also trying to get myself more comfortable making clean and simple cards.

A sketch challenge blog I like to play along with if time permits is CAS(E) This Sketch.  Here is their current sketch.


I have a problem (personal one) with a plain white background so I usually color mine a little with a very light distress oxide ink watered down with water and then smooshing your paper in it.  Adds a little bit of interest to your background for your card.

I belong to an organization and we will have our first cohort group in January and I thought it would be nice to give them each a handmade card from the Board of Directors to encourage them as they start their journey toward higher education.  The sentiment is from Penny Black and the flower is a new set and I apologize I cannot remember the company name and it is upstairs and I am in the basement.  A single flower symbolizing a single step.  I will need to find something for a masculine card - most likely a tree.


Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!