Thursday, August 30, 2018

Playing With a Few Challenges

I have lots of birthdays this fall so I am trying to get my cards made ahead of time.  Hopefully I don't put them in the "safe" place where I can't find them when I need them.

I recently found a new challenge site that I want to play along with.  This week the challenge at Sunday Stamps is a sketch.  I loved the angle in the sketch so had to play along.


I made the panels of my card by varying the color depth of the distress oxide ink I used.  The stamped image (stamped with black versafine black onyx ink and clear embssed) is on a lighter panel of the color.  It is mounted on a darker shade of the color.  Both of the panels are die cut so they have a finished edge. 

The image and sentiment are from a Gina K Stamp Set.  Additional color was added to the butterflies.


Here is a close up of the stamped image and sentiment.  Both of these elements were pop dotted.


A few splatters and sequins were added to finish the card. 

The Wednesday Challenge Blog for Simon Says Stamp has the challenge of Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp wants to see what you are making so I wanted to show  them the birthday cards I am working on. 

Well I need to go clean up a few things.  Ugh.  I would rather play with my paper and inks.

Thanks for stopping by. 

5 comments:

kksb said...

Beautiful card. Your background panels are glorious!

Heather said...

Oh, very lovely - such a cool background for your beautiful images! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

stampwithamyk said...

So very pretty! I love the shades of pink and your butterflies are amazing! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Melissa Grant said...

Hi and welcome! So glad you found us and shared this lovely pink beauty! Hope you will join us for future challenges. Thanks again for joining us at SUNDAY STAMPS :)

ankitag612 said...

Love how you kept one color and brought out so many beautiful textures and layers to this card! Such a tough one but you did a wonderful job! Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a lovely day! xx Ankita