Friday, August 31, 2018

Happy Birthday Flower

I am trying to get all my fall birthday cards made and I am doing a pretty good job this week on it.

I decided to play along with the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. 


It is a broken record - I am once again using my distress oxide inks.  I made a soft background with a very watered down ripe persimmon oxide ink.  I then colored a strip with more intense color along with a sentiment strip.

I had recently bought this new floral stamp at JoAnn Fabrics - it was 50 percent off.  I will get my $2.50 of use out of the stamp.  I believe I even sent a couple to a friend in a RAK package.  I colored the stamp with oxide inks also.  I used my Scan N Cut to cut out the flower.

The darker strip of color was added to the bottom of the soft colored panel.  I added a narrow strip of washi tape to anchor the sentiment strip.  The flower and birthday sentiment is pop dotted.  It was all mounted on a black card base.  I added a black enamel dot in the center of the flower.


One more birthday card is completed. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Karren said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous colors! The strip of washi behind the sentiments grounds it perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.