Friday, October 6, 2023

October Stencil Challenge for Happy Little Stampers

It is time to get your stencils out and make a card for the October Stencil Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  The challenge is always "anything goes" so come play along.  


I needed a thank you card for a friend who send me a beautiful quilt for my new room.  It looks so lovely on my new couch.  I have been wanting to use my collection of ephemera from Art by Marlene.  I love the bright colors of her designs.

I first took my background and used a stencil with squares on it and used pink, yellow and an aqua blue ink colors to lightly stencil the background.  I wanted a very soft background but to pick up the colors in the elements I used.  I then took a circle stencil and used translucent sparkly texture paste all over the background.  It is so pretty with the added shimmer.  

I then laid out all my pieces until I found the perfect layout.  Some elements are glued directly to the background while others are popped up with foam.  My friend is a fellow card maker so "connected in creativity" seemed perfect for the card.


In this close up picture you can see both the color from the square stencil and the sparkly dots from the second stencil.

I added a black and yellow mat before adhering it to a bright pink/purple card base.

Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

That's adorable, I love it! xoxo