Wednesday, October 4, 2023

October Christmas Challenge for Happy Little Stampers

It is time for a new Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  The challenge is always Anything Goes but each month there is an optional choice.  This month the choice is to use a Stencil.  I actually played along with the optional choice this month.  

The snowman stencil is from Simon Says Stamp.  It is four different small stencils to make this cutie.  There is also a stencil to make a stocking hat on the snowman.  How cute would that be for another snowman card.

You really have to think about what order you stencil the design in.  After my first attempt, I did it in this order.  I first stenciled the hat and then the face of the snowman.  I found that it was almost better to stencil the scarf on a separate piece of paper and fussy cut it out and glue to your snowman.  This way you can get perfect placement of the scarf.  I would also stencil the scarf parts separately.  On this snowman the ends of the scarf were each fussy cut and glued on separately.  

I used some oval window dies to cut out the snowman image and the mat.  All the paper is like fine wine - aged very well in the deep dark regions of my basement.  Old paper still works well for cards.  I die cut some snowflakes and added a red embellishment to compliment the red in the plaid paper.  A Tim Holtz sentiment was added to the card.  

Here is a close up of the snowman.

Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our October Christmas Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.
 

No comments: