Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Little Stampers April Christmas Challenge

 It is time for a new Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  Isn't it great to get a start on your Christmas cards so when December comes around you have a few in that box ready to send. 

As always, our challenge is "anything goes" but we do offer you an optional twist if you wish to use it.  This month the optional twist is "Under the Tree."  


Well, instead of "under the tree", I decided to do the tree.  I had seen this new layered stencil at Trinity Stamps last fall when it was first released and I was finally able to order it.  I thought it was so fun and offered so many creative opportunities.

I chose to use oxide inks in blue shades for my color palette.  I first smooshed some ink on the white background (I have a real hard time with white backgrounds).  The ink smooshing is very subtle but I know it is there.  The stencil has four layers.  The three colors of oxide ink I used are Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans and Blueprint Sketch.  The fourth layer was Nuvo Glacier Paste Quicksilver.

The sentiment was stamped on vellum and heat embossed in silver.  The tree background was matted with navy blue and added to a white card base.  I completed the card with ink splatters in White Iridescent Ink.

Here is a close up of the sentiment.


Here is a close up of some the dots.

3 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

I can see why you had to have this stencil Barb! Love this fun tree and the colour choice is gorgeous. Love the subtle splatter too.
Hope you are keeping well.
Hugs
Carol x

Sue - said...

Love the tree and so nice to see it in blue instead of green!

My Paper Epiphany said...

What a fun tree! Gorgeous colours and great idea to use vellum for the sentiment:)