Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Time Out For A Birthday

An online friend put out a request for friends to send her Grandpa Owen a card for his 97th birthday.  Due to Covid 19 they will be unable to be with him to help celebrate so these cards will brighten his day.

The current challenge at Time Out is Days Gone By.  What a great challenge for a 97th birthday card.  I don't think I can imagine all the different things he has seen in his 97 years plus he is a veteran of World War 11.  He probably saw things he would probably like to forget. 


My card uses a stamp from a Tim Holtz stamp set.  The sentiment is one of the many birthday sentiments I have.  The paper is a 6 x 6 pad I have been working on for awhile.  It is well aged.

I stamped the image on a piece of distressed oxide background with dark brown ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I used a scrap of the same background for the sentiment.  I just used different pieces of the paper for the remainder of the card.  It is all on a kraft card base. 


Thanks so much for stopping by.

2 comments:

sandie said...

How perfect for a 97th year old Birthday! And this will cheer him up for sure, even though he can't see them. I love that you based this all on kraft colours and the papers and patterns all work in with this. Great idea to use a distressed background and the perfect image! Thanks for joining Time Out x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Wonderful card for our theme at Time Out. My mom is 97 as well. Bless you all, and thank you for playing with us.