Thursday, October 4, 2018

Happy Little Stampers October Christmas Challenge

It is October and it is time for a new Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  Christmas is fast approaching and I would imagine you don't have all your cards made - so here is a challenge to help you with getting another card made.

The challenge this month is as usual "anything goes" but the optional twist is "ribbon".


 Last year I had bought these cute napkins to make cards out of.  Each napkin has two of these sweet images of this snowman couple on them.  I think the hardest part of making a card with napkins is getting all the layers separated.  Once you have the layers separated, you adhere the image you want to use to card stock.  I use mod podge for this step in the process.  I have found that it works the best for me.  I then die cut the image I want to use with a rectangle die.

The image was matted with some navy blue card stock.

The hardest part of making this card was finding ribbon to use - would you believe with all the ribbon I possess I had to search and dig to find enough to finish 5 cards.  I had enough of this ribbon for two cards and found pieces of two other blue ribbons to finish the other two.  I have sorted my ribbons and giving the majority to a friend who does lots of charity work.  I kept a few spools of basic colors and many times I die seam tape to match my card.


I did add glitter clear stickles to the trees and under the snowmen and each of the little snow people.
Hopefully you can see the glitter in this picture.


Please come join us at Happy Little Stampers for our October Christmas Challenge.

Did I tell you there were prizes?

4 comments:

Sue - said...

Love the snowmen and your fancy bow!

BożenA said...

Great card coloring. I love how you've chosen colors, I love your trees. It looks really amazing.

Bobby said...

Using napkins is a technique I haven't heard of in a long time, Barb. It worked great for your card and the images are so cute.

Anita in France said...

What a cute and magical scene, Barb ... the frosty sparkle over it is fabulous! Thanks so much for coming by and for your kind words! Anita :)