Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Playing With Paper and a Sketch Challenge

This week I have a little time so I am playing with a few challenges.

I really liked the sketch at The Paper Players.


For some reason I had a 12 x 12 Iris case on my design table and there was this very old grouping of paper.  It is very well aged but I think you will agree it still makes a wonderful card.  I did have to add a dark brown mat to the base layer of the sketch.  Of course, it used up more pieces of the paper which is great in my world.  Only one million more pieces of paper to use and that is not counting the 500  6 x 6 pads.

The sentiment is from a Penny Black set.

The pink strip was cut with a My Favorite Things die and then a little twine bow was glued to it.


I have kitted 3 more of this same card.  I have a friend who is going to send cards to troops from her state of Minnesota.  She helped me earlier in the year with card for Wisconsin soldiers.

Remember of show some love for your old supplies.  You can always come join me for Oldie Moldie Monday where I always try to use some old paper in my cards.

4 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

That's a pretty combination of papers. Great idea to use the circle as the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

LeAnne said...

LOL, I have about a million pieces of DSP too! No matter, you used some pretty ones here and that sentiment is as sweet as can be! Thanks for playing with my sketch at the Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Old paper, new papers, no matter it's all beautiful! The dark brown mat really makes these pretty papers pop. Great use of the sketch too...Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

ElizStewart said...

Barb...I just love the simplicity of your card! So well done. I appreciate your effort to support the troops...I do the same through work. Thank you for your contribution and thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!
PS... love the list of challenges...so handy!