Friday, February 23, 2018

Make Your Own BackGround

I had made a background.  I had used two colors of pink oxide ink colors.  I had a lighter base color on the panel and I then stenciled little circles over the top.  I was not to enamored with it so it just laid there.  A floral die cut floated to the surface and I laid it on top of the background and this started the journey for making this card.

The floral die cut had a yellow flower in it so my pink background needed yellow on it.  I decided to do a wash with Dina Wakely thick bodies acrylic paints.  I watered the yellow down and just brushed it on part of the pink background.  I took another circle stencil and put on a layer of clear glitter embossing paste.  I die cut the panel and used a piece of the extra colored background for stamping my sentiment.  This sentiment is from a wonderful AlteNew Thinking of You set.  I love this set.

The floral image was pop dotted onto the panel which had been adhered to a black card base.  The sentiment was also pop dotted.  I covered the sentiment up and took another Dina Wakely paint, watered it down and added the dark splatters.


Here is a close up of one corner where you can see the glitter embossing paste, splatters and different layers of color in the background.


I am entering this card in the Wednesday Simon Says Challenge Blog where the challenge is to make your own background.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Tracy Freeman said...

Very pretty, the splatters work so well against the soft background.

Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, I hope you have a great day x