Thursday, January 25, 2018

Playing With My Inks

I have been wanting to play with my distress oxide inks so I got out two colors and a stamp set I wanted to use.  The cards are very simple.

I used the sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday.


I am also entering into the Wednesday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp where the challenge is to Layer it Up.  Lots of layers of inked paper on this card.

I cut a rectangle out of bristol smooth card stock with my wonky stitch die.  I then cut two more rectangles out of the same paper and a scrap for stamping the sentiment.

The two rectangles were colored with several layers of the same distress oxide ink.  Water was splatted on both pieces to add some more depth of color.   The inked background for the sentiment is a stamp from Fun Stampers Journey.  I inked it several times and then swirled some water through the stamped blob to blend the ink for a smooth look.  I then heat embossed the sentiment over the top.  I then die cut the sentiment out with a circle die.  


Here is the same card but in a different color.


The embellishments I used came in a RAK from a card making friend.  It was amazing how perfectly they matched.

I think this would be a perfect sketch for some beautiful patterned paper.  I do love my patterned paper.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

Love your bright and colourful cards
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Donna Scholz said...

Great take on the Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch, Monica! The oxide inks really come into play on your card. I MUST get some after seeing your card! Thank you for sharing your talents with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

Donna Scholz said...

Sorry I called you Monica, Barb! I looked around on your two blogs to find your name and thought I found it on your other blog. Again, thanks for playing along at TSOT! -Donna

Krafty Kaylin said...

Love your use of the oxide inks. they are one of my favorite things. Thanks for joining us at TSOT.