Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Canvas Corp Traveling Journal

Here is my June pages for the traveling journal I received.  I was inspired by a project on U Tube that had the black dots and bright colors.


The journal had a small insert inside the page so that was fun to work with.  Here you can see the front side of the page.



Here is the backside of the insert.  Very simple.


I started by cutting the black dot paper from Canvas Corp to fit the page.  I masked off a border around the edge and added gesso.


I then added color to the center of the pages using different colors of High Impact Paint from Tattered Angels.


I then stenciled over the top of the bright colors with white gesso.


I removed the masking tape.  Look what happened  It tore the top of the dotted paper away in several places.  I felt so sick to my stomach that I had ruined my page.


But as Carolyn Dube says - it is an opportunity to be creative.  So I added one of the paints to the oops areas.  I also drew circles in this area with a black marker.


I cut flowers with my Silhouette out of black card stock and adhered to the pages.  I used one bloom on the backside of the small page.

In the end I was very happy with my page even though I had that "oops" in the middle of it.

No comments: