Sunday, January 18, 2015

Back in the Blog Saddle Again

I have been horribly lazy at posting on my blog.  I have made several cards but never posted them.  They will get posted in the upcoming days.

Today I am sharing a card for several challenges.  I made the inked background awhile ago with a couple of my favorite distress inks.  I love the colors that I always come up with this ink combination.


I used a Hero Arts stamp I have had for ages (of course I had to have it) that I have never used before.  I stamped it with VersaMark and then used a white embossing powder for the sentiment.  I made a top folding card which I don't normally do.  It is sorta a short/fat card kinda like the designer.  I matted it with a blue/green cardstock.  I added some dyed seam binding for my ribbon.  When I put the ribbon across the top I did not like the look so I had this small strip of the inked background that I put on top of the ribbon.  I tied my bow and added it.  I also added some pearls in a dark teal.

I am entering this card in the challenge at The Paper Players which is to make the sentiment the focal point of the card an it needs to be clean and simple.  Hopefully I achieved the clean and simple.


I am also entering it in the Monday Simon Says Challenge which is a "inky background."

Well off to watch the Packer game and make my Oldie Moldie Monday card.  Valentine card in progress.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful, inky work!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

LeAnne said...

This is a WONDERFUL stamp....not only is it perfect for the challenge, it's fun and funny for today's technical world! Thanks for sharing this and playing with my challenge this week!

Unknown said...

Barb, I just LOVE your background! I have recently purchased some distress inks and you have made me want to get them out and play with them!! The embossed image looks wonderful with the background and the teal accents really make everything pop! Thanks for sharing this and playing along with The Paper Players this week!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh I just love this sentiment, Barb! So perfect for this challenge, and I love your beautifully inked background. I really need to get my hands on some distress inks. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!