Monday, September 8, 2014

Oldie Moldie Monday


As I was cleaning this room where things have been thrown for years, I came across this little pad of winter paper and out fell this little snowman that had been stamped on vellum and colored.  You color on the backside of the vellum so you have a very muted color.  This little was destined to be the star for my oldie moldie Monday card.  Of course, I had to use the paper pad it fell out of.

I have always been a sucker for houndstooth.  (I have no idea if that is how you spell that word).  The paper pad had a light one and a dark one.  I matted the light color on top of the dark color.  Over the top I laid the vellum.  I adhered it at the top with normal adhesive because I decided to cover it up with a strip of paper.  I added some SRM stitch stickers on the strip.  The sentiment was put on the light paper.  With the vellum laying over the top, it gives everything a very muted, soft look.  The vellum is loose at the bottom as you can see in this next picture.


You couldn't see the sentiment in this picture so I had to lay the card down so you could also see the sentiment.  I found a bling snowflake and added it to the corner.

See the wonderful things you can find in that room you don't want to walk in.  Show some love for those old supplies.  I have to warn you while I was looking for the snowflake - I found this guy colored in that drawer - he is in mint green and pink.  Come back next Monday.

Have a good week.

No comments: